SNC 2020 – JULY 2 & 3, 2020 in Basel
Please note that this is a redirection page.
The official SNC 2020 site is now available here:
»» 2020.swissnanoconvention.ch (you will be redirected in a few seconds)
»» Archives of previous editions are available here.
Welcome / Background
The Swiss NanoConvention brings together Swiss and international leaders from science and industry in the field of «nano», key figures in innovation and technology, entrepreneurs, investors, administrators and politicians. The Swiss NanoConvention is a platform for connecting people, networking, debating and exchanging ideas – or even generating new ones. Key players are able to gather the best available information on the potential, but also on the risks of one of the key emerging technologies of the 21st century, and its opportunities for innovative technologies, products and services.
In short: The Swiss NanoConvention is the prime showcase for nanotechnology in Switzerland, jointly organized by the «who-is-who» in the Swiss nano scene. It is the venue for meeting the great minds in nanoscience and technology.
Key topics of the conference include Nano for information and communication technologies, life sciences, optics, energy and materials for a sustainable development. The two-day program will feature plenary talks, topical sessions, discussion platforms, poster sessions and ample opportunities for in-depth and informal networking.
Confirmed keynote speakers are:
- Jos Benschop (Senior Vice President Technology ASML, The Netherlands)
- Hagan Bayley (University of Oxford, England)
- Andreas Heinrich (Center for Quantum Nanoscience, Seoul, Korea)
- Wanda Kukulski (Cambridge University, England)
- David Leigh (University of Manchester, England)
- Lieven Vandersypen (TUDelft, The Netherlands), Harald Weinfurter (LMU Munich, Germany)
- Vivian Yam (University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong).
Confirmed topical sessions are:
- Nano for Quantum Computing
- Nano for Photonics and Quantum Communication
- Nanotechnologies for Life
- Nanotechnologies for Health
- Nano for Climate
- Nanoengineered Organic Materials
- Nanoengineered Inorganic Materials
- Nanoanalytics and Imaging for Quality Products
- Advanced Manufacturing at the Nanoscale
- Innovation Session.
If you would like to receive important conference news, send us an email and receive our newsletter.